Do you have any idea on the best method to Answer JAMB Use of English and score high? This is one of the most interesting and educative articles centered around this topic! You certainly don’t want to miss this!
I will be showing you, in a simple explanation, the very best method which you can leverage to answer JAMB Use of English and score 80+ and above in this subject alone.
- FREE JAMB Past Questions and Answers on Mathematics (Topics to read).
- Download The Life Changer Novel PDF and Get 150 Possible Questions for 2022 JAMB Exams.
- The Life Changer Novel Summary and Possible Questions – Official JAMB Novel for 2022 Examination.
- 20 Courses In Nigeria Universities You Can Study Without Mathematics (2022 Updated)
Are you interested in knowing the JAMB marking scheme? Want to know how JAMB Mark Scores? JAMB Marking Scheme and get a better understanding.
Just in case you don’t know, JAMB USE of English is a compulsory subject for all candidates writing the UTME JAMB examination.
During JAMB registration, candidates are mandated to pick four (4) subjects related to their courses, but you can only add an extra three (3) subjects as your JAMB subject combination, because the Use of English (Which is majorly known as English Language) is compulsory for all courses.
Perfect Example of The General Structure of JAMB Use of English
The sure way of answering the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Use of English and getting a tangible score is to master the structure of the examination before entering the hall.
Also See: How to Check JAMB Result Online.
You should take note, that Jamb Use of English comprises of four main sections, namely;
4: Oral Forms.
The best way to tackle the questions in JAMB’s Use of English is to note that the different parts of the examination as listed above carry different marks. However, you should note, that all the questions are important, but here is some important information you should know.
Passage I to III.
From Passage I – III, this passage test candidates’ knowledge of deduction from passages. In these passages, each question carries 3 marks, and this section has 15 questions.
This means that if you correctly answered all the questions, you already have 15 X 3 Marks = 45 points.
Passage IV is a test for candidates’ knowledge of English Registers. In this section, each question is worth 2 marks per correct answer.
This section carries ONLY 10 questions.
This means that if you correctly answered all the questions, you already have 10 X 2 marks = 20 points in this section.
The Lexis section of the JAMB Use of English is one section that test the candidates’ knowledge of reasoning in English language, communication as well as vocabulary, and this section comprises of the following;
Nearest in meaning,
Opposite in meaning.
Take note that each question in the Lexis section carries 2 marks per question. The Structure section of JAMB Use of English, based ONLY on testing the candidates’ knowledge of the following:
- English sentences formation,
- Part of sentences,
- Phrasal verbs,
- and other aspects of English sentence formation.
In this section, take note that each question carries 1 mark per correct question you answered. The ending part of JAMB’s Use of English is the oral forms.
Summary of Marks from JAMB Use of English.
Section A. Comprehension/Summary.
(a) 3 Comprehension passages (15 questions in all, 3 marks each) = 45 marks
(b) 1 cloze passage (10 questions in all, 2 marks each) = 20 marks
Section B: Lexis, Structure and Oral Forms.
(a) Sentence Interpretation (10 Questions in all, 2 marks each) = 20marks
(b) Antonyms (Opposite in Meaning – 15 questions in all, 1 mark each) = 15 marks
(c) Synonyms (Same in meaning – – 15 questions in all, 1 mark each) = 15 marks
(d) Sentence completion (filling the gaps – 20 questions in all, 1 mark each) = 20 marks
(e) Oral forms (15 questions in all, 1 mark each) = 15 marks
Total: 100 questions = 150 marks
Take note that the best method of answering the jamb Use of English and have a high score is for you to follow the following steps carefully while in the examination hall.
1. Please ensure that you read the instructions before you commence and check the duration of the examination.
2. Please endeavor, to identify the main points in the passages;
3. You should also take note that you know the meaning of each queried word, phrase, or sentence.
4. Also ensure that you identify the grammatical functions of words, phrases and clauses, and figurative /idiomatic expression;
5. deduce or infer the writer’s opinion, mood, attitude to the subject matter.
6. While writing the examination, you should pay full attention to details.
The Dailyschoolnews Nigeria team, wish you, the very BEST in your examination! Please share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Whatsapp.