The JAMB Admission Status Checking website has officially been open to all candidates who participated in the recently concluded Post UTME screening exercise of their various academic institutions, who can now verify and confirm their Admission Status on the JAMB Website.
Take note that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB admission status checker is a platform where students can verify their admission status for the 2023/2024 academic session. This page covers everything you need to know about JAMB Admission status, providing answers to the questions mentioned below.
- What is JAMB Admission Status?
- Latest Update on JAMB Admission Status Checking.
- How Can I Check My Admission Status on Jamb Caps and Portal?
- Can I Check My Admission Status via SMS?
- When is the JAMB Admission Deadline?
- Why No Admission Offer?
- How Do I Print Jamb Admission Letter?
Using this platform, we would love to inform and notify all candidates that the Joint Admission and Matriculations Board (JAMB) has officially announced the opening of its portal for checking admission status for the 2023 academic session.
Already, some academic and tertiary institutions have started sending the names of candidates offered provisional admission to JAMB for publishing, and uploading on JAMB Caps, where these candidates will asked to either Accept or Reject the Admission Offer.
Please take note that all, which is required for you before accessing your admission status is your JAMB registration number and nothing more.
- What is JAMB Admission Status?
- Latest Update on 2023 JAMB Admission Status Checking.
- How To Check JAMB Admission Status Online.
- How To Check JAMB Admission Status on Phone via Jamb Caps.
- How To Check JAMB Admission Status via SMS 55019.
- When is JAMB Admission Deadline?
- Why No Admission Offer?
- How To Print JAMB Original Admission Letter.
What is JAMB Admission Status?
JAMB is responsible for conducting examinations that qualify eligible candidates into Nigerian tertiary institutions and courses depending on their Marks.
The JAMB Admission Status is a platform/portal that shows if a candidate’s bid through UTME/JAMB to join a tertiary institution has been approved or rejected by the school through the JAMB portal.
Latest Update on 2023 JAMB Admission Status Checking.
The LATEST update on the UTME Admission Status checking is that we can only check our admission status via the official JAMB website. Please note that this can be done, only via www.jamb.gov.ng.
How To Check JAMB Admission Status Online.
You can easily check your JAMB admission status online if you use this guide below. There are two methods you can use to check your admission status, and they are:
- JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS).
- or through SMS (message)
In this guide, I very much prefer using the JAMB Caps portal, and I’d recommend you use it. To confirm if you have been offered admission by the school you selected during your JAMB registration. This method below will show you, how to check your JAMB admission status on your phone for free.
How To Check JAMB Admission Status on Phone via Jamb Caps.
- Open Your Mobile Browser: I recommend you use the Chrome browser because it’s more powerful for surfing the web as a Laptop. Simply click on the three dots at the right top corner of your browser to view in “desktop site” as shown in the image below. When you click on the “desktop site” it automatically enables you to see all hidden menus and options displayed to someone using a Laptop.
STEP 2: You’ll need to visit the official JAMB efacility Portal at https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng. It will show you a similar page as shown in the image above. In their appropriate box, type in your email address and password you used to create your JAMB profile.
STEP 3: Selecting Your Examination Year: After you have successfully logged in to your JAMB profile. At the left top corner. On this page, you will have to “Select Examination Year” by clicking on it. Tab on it and select the year you wrote your JAMB examination.
STEP 4: You need to click on this button titled “Check Admission Status”, it will automatically take you to a page where you can access your JAMB Caps.
STEP 5: Click on Access My Caps as shown in the image above. Clicking on the “Access My Caps” button opens the Jamb Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) page. I’ll recommend that before clicking the Access my CAPS button, check to see that your examination year is still correct.
STEP 6: Click on Admission Status: As shown in the above image, simply click on the Admission Status and wait while it takes you to a page where you can check if you’ve been offered admission or not.
STEP 7: Accept/Reject Admission Offer: Candidates whose schools have not offered any admission will see a blank page saying No Admission offer yet. Candidates offered admission will see something similar as shown in the image above.
Simply click on the “Accept Admission” button at the left to confirm that you have accepted the admission, or if you don’t want that course, you can risk it and reject the Admission offer. Some candidates who rejected an offer were given another course by the same institution. But know that rejecting an admission offer could result to you NOT having another one. It’s risky.
How To Check JAMB Admission Status via SMS 55019.
Candidates who do not have the time or an internet-enabled device to check their JAMB admission status online can easily check their admission status using the JAMB shortcode 55019 as shown below.
- Make sure you have 50 Naira and above (fifty naira) as airtime balance. This will be used for the SMS charges. Ensure that the sim card you are using is the phone number you used during your JAMB registration.
- Go to your Message App and click on the new message. In the recipient box, type in the JAMB shortcode “55019” or “66019”
- Enter the word “STATUS” + “Examyear” e.g STATUS2024 to check your admission status. Make sure you do not give any gap/space between the Status and Year.
- Finally, click on the “SEND” message option and wait for JAMB to reply to you.
Once you send this message using the same prompt as shown above, you will an instant message from JAMB, confirming your request. A few seconds/minutes later, you will receive another message, confirming your JAMB admission status.
When is JAMB Admission Deadline?
As at the time of writing this, the Joint Admission and Matriculations Board (JAMB) does not have a fixed date for the admission deadline. However, candidates who refuse to either Accept/Reject the Admission offer may likely loss it if no action is taken, as the offer will be automatically removed.
Why No Admission Offer?
Here are some of the reasons why you are not seeing any ADMISSION OFFER on your JAMB Caps. Note that these may likely NOT be the MAIN reason why you have not been offered admission yet.
- You are yet to upload your O’ level result to JAMB CAPS/Portal. If you are yet to upload yours, follow this guide. However, if you’ve already uploaded your O’level result, check to see if your O’level result was successfully uploaded to JAMB CAPS.
- Your subject combination when registering for JAMB is wrong.
- You did not meet the required minimum JAMB cut-off mark for ALL Nigerian tertiary institutions.
- You did not meet the required JAMB cut-off mark for your course/1st choice institution.
- Admission is still ongoing.
How To Print JAMB Original Admission Letter.
Before you can print your JAMB admission letter, here are the requirements.
- You should know your JAMB Exam Year,
- Have your Registration Number.
- Know your official JAMB email address and login password.
- Use this guide to successfully Print JAMB Admission Letter yourself without paying anyone.
Congratulations if you have accepted admission, but if you don’t like the Admission offer you can click on the Reject Admission button.
Once you’ve seen and confirmed the admission list, the very next and most important step for candidates, who were successfully admitted should take, is to print their admission letter and pay their acceptance fees.
Wishing all candidates the VERY best and don’t forget to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp, using the share buttons below.
Thank You 😀