The main goal of the Dailyschoolnews.com.ng publishing team is to help as many Nigerians who are willing to read and score high in the forthcoming JAMB 2020 examination in the best way possible.
- Quick Glance.
- JAMB PROFILE CODE REGISTRATION.
- LOST YOUR PROFILE CODE?
- UTME REGISTRATION WARNINGS:
- JAMB Registration Period.
- Date and Venue for the UTME.
- JAMB UTME Registration 2020; All You Need to Know.
- General Entry Requirements.
- 5 Important Facts You MUST Know about JAMB 2020.
- UTME Registration Important Information
- The first thing every candidate must do before they go to get their e-Pin for registration is to get their PROFILE CODE.
- Take note that the PROFILE CODE is what is required from you to buy the 2020 UTME/DE registration e-pin.
- JAMB registration started on the 13th of January 2020, to close at 11:59 PM, 17th of February 2020.
- JAMB has disclosed that ONLY ONE mobile number can be used by one candidate to register for the 2020 exam.
Before you register, YOU must take your JAMB course/institution eligibility test on the JAMB portal by Clicking Here.
JAMB PROFILE CODE REGISTRATION.
- The JAMB board has disclosed that candidates are required to use one phone number only. The Cell phone number used for the text message is automatically tied to the Candidate’s name and will be used in all communications related to his/her 2020 UTME registration, Examination/Admission.
- Candidate should send his/her name [Surname First Name Middle Name (if any)] via SMS to 55019. This should be a maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to 55019 e.g Hamza Uche Bankole. However, the board has disclosed that providing your Surname and first name is mandatory.
- You must have up to N50 on your number for this to be successful.
- A Profile Code of 10 characters will be sent to the candidate phone number.
- The candidate is required to presents the JAMB Profile Code when buying the UTME form (Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, USSD Partners). The form- ePIN is then sent as a text message to the candidate.
- Candidates are to presents the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for registration.
LOST YOUR PROFILE CODE?
- If a candidate made a mistake in his/her name, to correct the mistake, send the [CORRECT Surname First-Name Middle-Name] to 55019 as an SMS from the same mobile number used for registration.
- Candidates who lost their Profile code can retrieve it by sending: [RESEND] to 55019 as an SMS from the same phone number used for Registration.
- Any candidate can reset their lost or forgotten JAMB Profile password via the phone number they used for Registration by sending [password] space [email address] to 55019 as an SMS.
The registration is set to commence today, 13th January. Candidates are advised to check the list of approved JAMB CBT centers to know the closest one to them for the purpose of registration and other JAMB related assistance.
UTME REGISTRATION WARNINGS:
- You are not under any obligation to give your password to any person, not even JAMB officials.
- Never register twice. This entails that you should not take UTME and DE the same year. If the need arises, you can easily upgrade your UTME Application to Direct Entry application at no cost.
- If there is an error during the registration process, only seek correction from JAMB official centers in your area.
- Take note that both the UTME and DE registration portal closes on the same date, and there will be no extension.
Official Price/Cost of JAMB for 2020 UTME are as follows;
- UTME/DE form is N3,500
- Reading text is N500
- The CBT service charge is N700.
It is important to note here, that you should only pay the above prices which have been approved by JAMB. This is the official JAMB 2020 Form price.
JAMB Registration Period.
The registration period starts from Monday, the 13th of January, 2020, and will be ending on the 17th of February, 2020.
Date and Venue for the UTME.
All candidates should note that the 2020 JAMB CBT is scheduled to start on March 14th to April 4th, 2020.
However, regarding the examination venue, the UTME board has disclosed that the venue of the examination will be at the candidate’s chosen town during online registration. If you are yet to register, check the accredited JAMB centers for registration.
JAMB UTME Registration 2020; All You Need to Know.
The much-awaited JAMB CBT 2020/21 examination is almost here, and some serious candidates are trying their best to get their hands on all important information they can get. Seriously, if you’re reading this, it means you are a serious candidate.
Well, Dailyschoolnews.com.ng would love to add its own quota of advice to the bucket filled ones, and here are some important details and information you need to know, starting from here;
General Entry Requirements.
The Joint Admission and matriculation board management has disclosed that the general entry requirements give successful candidates, admission into the following degree-awarding academic institutions;
- First Degree,
- National Diploma (ND)
- National Innovation Diploma (NID),
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programs in Universities, other degree-awarding Institutions,
- Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutes and Colleges of Education are available in the Brochure which accompanies registration materials.
Recommended: JAMB brochure for 2020.
Secondly, all candidates should be aware that a matriculated student (Nigerian University/Polytechnic graduate) in any university in Nigeria, is not qualified or eligible to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), except those who are transferring from Universities outside the shores of Nigeria.
Also Read: How To Print JAMB Admission Letter.
5 Important Facts You MUST Know about JAMB 2020.
Here are the most important facts you should know about the forthcoming UTME.
Fact Number #1:
This year’s examination is going to be completely digital. This fact was made clear by the previous jamb registrar, Prof Dibu Ojerinde, after the 2016 UTME exercise, where he said and we quote:
“We have gone digital in JAMB.” So from now on, the UTME exercise will be 100% computer-based test.
Fact Number #2:
You should try your possible best to fully register during the first few weeks. This will help you avoid missing out centers that are located within your geographical area. We’ve discovered that 4 weeks after JAMB announce the availability of the form, most centers in South-East would be filled up.
Fact Number #3:
There will be about 1.2 Million candidates registering for the 2020 UTME. This means that up to one million, two hundred thousand candidates (1.2 Million) will be sitting for the examination, while the sad truth is that less than 450,000 candidates will be getting admitted.
Are you getting the point I am trying to drive across to you? The point is that you need to score high in your JAMB, to stand a chance of getting admitted into your preferred institutions/course.
Fact Number #4:
Here’s another blockbuster, there are some varsities you should avoid. Popular Universities like Unilag, University of Ibadan, UniMaid, Lasu, Uniport, UI, OAU, etc. Candidates seeking to get admitted into these popular universities need to score way higher and the competition for the few slots is fierce.
Popular academic institutions like the ones listed below do have lots of candidates seeking for admission and the rate of getting admitted is thin, when compared with other Nigerian varsities:
• University Of Lagos (Unilag)
• University Of Benin (Uniben)
• University Of Nigeria (UNN)
• University Of Ilorin (Unilorin)
• Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. (Unizik)
• Federal University of Technology, Owerri (Futo)
• University of Ibadan (UI)
• University of Port Harcourt (Uniport)
Do stay away from them. But if you want to get admitted into any of the above mentioned academic institutions, we’re not stopping or discouraging you, we’re just trying to advise that the competition is fierce compared to other institutions.
Fact Number #5:
Before taking any drastic decision, it’s very important that you know the course of study you want to apply for and the schools that are accredited for that course.
You should also try your possible best to check the previous cut-off mark for the course you want to study at the school, it would surely help you.
These 5 facts will surely give you insight into why you need to study hard and score high.
I hope you take this advice and share it with others too!
UTME Registration Important Information
As we all are aware, the 2020 JAMB Registration for UTME and Direct Entry candidates for admission into Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges, etc has commenced.
This article is dedicated to keeping you updated on how to go about the JAMB Registration.
All candidates who will be sitting for the examination should note that registration for 2020 UTME has already commenced on 13th January, while the registration ends on 17th February 2020.
However, if this is your first time or you could not secure admission in 2019, well, 2020 is your year of Admission. Just as I disclosed above, we’re preparing you for the new academic year.
To be updated with the latest JAMB news, I would advise you to subscribe to our updates and certainly, you won’t miss any information regarding JAMB 2020.
→ Please note that we’ll be sending you, latest information on JAMB UTME and Direct Entry (DE) Registration.
→ We’ll also send you important UTME dates.
→ Provide you with a detailed JAMB Registration procedure and other tips.
→ Provide you with the most reliable place where you can do your JAMB registration.
→ UTME past questions and answers.
→ Official JAMB cut off Marks for 2020/2021 admission (all schools)
→ We’ll send to your email and notification when the JAMB 2020 result will be released.
→ Post-UTME Date of your preferred institution.
We’ll be doing all these and many more which we did not mention above for Free!.
But we’ll be sending this to only people who subscribed to our notification only, so if you are yet to subscribe, you’ll certainly miss out!