The University of Uyo school fees for 2020/2021 academic session is out. I tried going through the Uniuyo.edu.ng portal, and discovered that the institution didn’t outline their school fees schedules, acceptance fee amount, etc to the public.
However, Dailyschoolnews.com.ng has full information, including the Uniuyo acceptance fees, Uniuyo school fees for newly admitted students (freshers) and returning students.
Newly admitted students and returning students should note that the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) school fee schedule for 2020/2021 academic session has been broken down based on fees and charges which must be payable by both new and returning students.
This article provides all students (freshers and returning students), knowledge of the following:
• UNIUYO School Fees For New Students 2020/2021 academic session.
• UNIUYO School Fees For Returning Students 2020/2021 academic session.
• UNIUYO Acceptance Fee.
• UNIUYO hostel Accommodation fee and other charges.
Important Note: Direct Entry (D.E) admitted students should know that the UNIUYO school fees for Direct Entry students and UTME fresh students are the same amount irrespective of their mode of admission into Uniuyo. These amoung was agreed on in a meeting held by the senate as regards the current tuition fee for the academic session.
Uniuyo School Fees Schedule.
This is the official University of Uyo – Uniuyo School Fees Schedules for all newly admitted students (UTME and Direct Entry) and returning students for this year’s session.
|S/N||FEES/CHARGES||FRESH STUDENTS||RETURNING STUDENTS|
|4.||Tertiary Institution Social Health Insurance Programme (TISHIP)||N2,000||N2,000|
|5.||Student Handbook||N 500||NIL|
|6.||Student Union Dues||N 500||N 500|
|7.||Games/Sport||N 700||N 700|
|9.||General Studies Registration Handbook||N3,250||N1,000|
|10.||Student Union Constitution/Books||N 400||NIL|
|12.||Personal Accident Insurance Scheme||N 400||N 400|
|14.||Laboratory (For Science and Science Related Courses students)||N2,000||N2,000|
|16.||Screening/Verification of Results||N1,000||NIL|
|17.||University Calendar||N 500||NIL|
|18.||Clinical Fees (Pharmacy/Medical Students)||N5,000||N2,500|
|19.||Workshop fees (Engineering and Environmental Studies)||N2,000||N2,000|
|20.||Production Fees/Studio (Communication Arts, Theatre Arts, Music)||N5,000||N5,000|
|OTHER SUNDRY CHANRGES Accommodation/Bed Space *||N 500||N 500|
|Entrepreneurial Studies I 8i II **||N2,000||N2,000|
|Hostel Maintenance *||N8,000||N8,000|
|Clinical Students Hostel Charges ***||NIL||N20,000|
|Hostel Maintenance is payable by those hostel accommodation is allotted to|
|Entrepreneurial Studies is payable by 200 Level UTME students and new Direct Entry students only.|
|Clinical Students Hostel Charges payable by Clinical students given hostel accommodation.|
Note that through the above fee breakdown, returning students fee adds up to about N60,000 (Sixty thousand Naira only.) While freshers (both UTME and Direct Entry candidates), the fee adds up to about N70,000 (Seventy thousand Naira only).
University of Uyo School Fees Breakdown.
- Tuition: Free of charge for all students.
- Caution Fee: N2,000 for freshers only
- Examination fee: N2,500 for both newly admitted students (UTME and Direct Entry) and returning learners.
- Tertiary Institution Social Health Insurance Programme (TISHIP): New and Old students pay N2,000 only.
- Student handbook: N500 for freshers only.
- Student union dues: N500 for both learners (UTME and Direct Entry).
- Games/sport: N700 for both students.
- Library fee: N2,000 for both new and returning learners
- General Studies Registration Handbook: N3,250 for freshers and N1,000 for returning ones
- Student Union Constitution/Books: N400 for newly admitted students only.
- X-Ray/Lab Test: N2,500 for newly admitted students.
- Personal Accident Insurance Scheme: N400 for both new and returning students.
- Identity card: N1,000 for newly admitted students only.
- Laboratory (for science and science-related courses): N2,000 for both learners
- Utilities/services: N5,000 for both newly admitted and returning students.
- Screening/verification of results: N1,000 for newly admitted students only.
- University calendar: N500 for only newly admitted students.
- Clinical fees (pharmaceutic/medical students): N5,000 for freshers and N2,500 for returning students.
- Workshop Fees (Engineering and Environmental studies): N2,000 for both new and returning students.
- Production fees/studio (Communication Arts, Theatre Arts, Music): N5,000 for both new and returning learners.
- Finance charge: N1,000 for all
- Database charge: N2,000 for both new and returning ones
- ICT project: N3,000 for everyone
- Development levy: N20,000 for all
- Facility management: N5,000 for both learners
The Uniuyo senate mandated the following additional charges for newly admitted students:
- Accommodation/bed space is N500 for newly admitted students (UTME and DE).
- Entrepreneurial Studies I & II is N2,000 for both new and returning ones. However, this fee is only be paid by newcomers who enter the university via direct entry or 200 level UTME students.
- Hostel maintenance fee is N8,000 for all students accommodated in the university hostel.
- Clinical students hostel charge N20,000 for returning students only. However, this fee only applies to those accommodated in the clinical hostel.
One thing I’ll love to clear here is that the Uniuyo school fees for law, Pharmacy, Uniuyo acceptance fee for newly admitted students and returning students are subjected to change when the school senates meet to decide the school’s new school fees schedules.
However, this is the current school fes schedule for the 2020/2021 academic session.