Here is the complete list of National Universities Commissions (NUC) Uniuyo Courses. This page contains the list of undergraduate courses offered by the UNIUYO (University of Uyo) this academic year.
Candidates seeking admission into the University of Uyo must know which courses are accredited or not. Through this page, you’ll get to know the available UNIUYO Degree programmes which are recognized and approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) in Nigeria.
Candidates should be able to know how to calculate Uniuyo aggregate score, it is very important, so you will know whether you are eligible to be admitted in your department or not.
Take note that of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) Faculties:
- BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES,
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE,
- SOCIAL SCIENCE.
The University of Uyo, popularly known as UniUyo, was previously called the University of Cross River State (UNICROSS). This Nigerian university is located in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
The University of Uyo has been officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria, which means degrees awarded by the institution are valid and can be used to work in any place in Nigeria or outside.
Here is a list of courses which is available for aspirants to study at the University of Uyo (UNIUYO). Take note that these are all the accredited courses offered at the University of Uyo.
It is mandatory to know here, that this page contains information which is essential for prospective students in search of Courses offered by the University of Uyo.
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY
- ANIMAL SCIENCE
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BOTANY AND ECOLOGICAL STUDIES
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMMUNICATION ARTS
- COMPUTER EDUCATION
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CURRICULUM STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY
- EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION AND EFIK/IBIBIO
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND FRENCH
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND HISTORY
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND MUSIC
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATION ARTS
- EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATION/FINE ART
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- FINE AND INDUSTRIAL ARTS
- FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE
- FISHERIES AND AQUATIC ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT
- FOOD ENGINEERING
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- GEOGRAPHY AND REGIONAL PLANNING
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HEALTH EDUCATION
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- HOME ECONOMICS
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- HUMAN ANATOMY
- LAND SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- LIBRARY SCIENCE
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PRE-PRIMARY AND PRIMARY EDUCATION
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- RELIGIOUS AND CULTURAL STUDIES
- SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
- SOIL SCIENCE
- SPECIAL EDUCATION
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION
- THEATRE ARTS
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
- VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
This is all Courses offered at the University of Uyo, Nigeria.
About the University of Uyo (UNIUYO):
Here is a brief history of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO). This academic institution is located in Uyo, which is the capital city of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. The University of Uyo was previously known as the University of Cross River State (UNICROSS) before it was changed to the current name we’ve all come to know.
On the 1st of October, 1991, the federal government of Nigeria established this academic institution as a federal University and the name was changed to the University of Uyo. The university retained all students, staff, academic programmes and the entire facilities of the former University of Cross River State, which was established by Cross River State in 1983.
After the name has been changed to the University of Uyo, full academic activities for the 1991/92 academic session commenced. Currently, the UNIUYO has about 12 faculties, postgraduate school, and the school of continuing education.
This school is in the heart of Uyo, which is the capital of Akwa Ibom. Akwa Ibom is the second-largest oil-producing state in Nigeria, and one of the wealthiest states. The capital city where the school is can easily be accessed by road, though there is an international airport for external use(s).
The school has Four campuses which are mentioned below:
- The Permanent Site/Main Campus: The school’s main campus accommodates Parts of Central Administration, Faculties of Engineering and Natural and Applied Sciences, International Centre for Energy and Environmental Sustainability Research (ICEESR), and the Postgraduate School
- While the Town Campus accommodates Faculties of Arts, Education, Social Sciences, Pharmacy
- The Annex Campus, home for the Faculties of Agriculture, Business Administration, Law, Environmental Studies and General Studies (GS).
- The Ime Umana Campus which is in Ediene Abak accommodates Pre-Degree, JUPEB and other special courses.