Do you want to study Banking and Finance and don’t know any Nigerian Universities accredited by the NUC for this particular course? Then this post will get you started in the right direction. Here’s a list of Universities offering Banking and Finance.
Banking and Finance is a great course, no doubt. But do you have what it takes to study this course? Knowing the list of accredited Nigerian Universities that offers Banking and Finance is not enough. You also need to know the WAEC subject (5 Mandatory subjects from your O’level result that need to at least pass), required of you to study Banking and Finance, including the official JAMB subjects combinations for Banking and Finance.
|Course||Banking and Finance Under Administration|
|Qualification||B.Sc (Hons.) and B.A. (Hons)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Suitability||Commercial and Art Students|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Banking and Finance related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
There are a list of things before you can be admitted into any of these accredited Universities to study Banking and Finance. Take note that you’ll certainly need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
- Banking and Finance Admission: How it Works.
- Banking and Finance Graduate Wages/Salary.
- Courses related to Banking and Finance.
- WAEC Subject Combination For Banking and Finance.
- Core Banking and Finance Waec Subjects.
- JAMB subject combination for Banking and Finance.
- Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) for Banking and Finance.
- List of Universities Offering Banking and Finance in Nigeria:
- Courses Under Banking and Finance Degree.
- Best Career Opportunities for Banking and Finance Graduates.
- What You SHOULD KNOW.
Banking and Finance Admission: How it Works.
The Nigerian tertiary institution uses either three methods to get your aggregate score and check whether you are eligible to be admitted to study this course. To check your aggregate score, your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Banking and Finance. CLICK HERE to know how you can calculate your Aggregate score.
Moreover, it’s necessary to note here, that even though these schools won’t tell you, candidates who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Banking and Finance than those using two sittings (This means candidates who are using two O’level results, rather than one).
Banking and Finance Graduate Wages/Salary.
Using the Nigerian banking industry wages here, starting from the smallest office, a person working in Banking in Nigeria typically earns around NGN55,000 to NGN120,000 Monthly. Whereas persons working in higher office can take home a salary of about 368,000 NGN monthly.
However, the highest average salary of a Banking and Finance worker starts from 756,000 NGN to a Million Naira plus.
- Actuarial Science.
- Business Administration.
- Public Administration.
WAEC Subject Combination For Banking and Finance.
There’s something you need to know about writing Waec, NECO, and GCE for the first time, and resitting for any of these examinations the second time. In WAEC, NECO or GCE, it is mandatory that each candidate registering must register a maximum of 9 subjects for a Banking and Finance degree.
However, if you are resitting for either WAEC, NECO, or GCE, you can register for less than 9 subjects. But I’ll advise anyone resitting for an O’level exam to do their best and forgo the first result since certain institutions do accept candidates with one O’level result first.
Any Nigerian Language.
Core Banking and Finance Waec Subjects.
You may wonder why I decided to list the core Waec subjects for this course. Take note that these core subjects require at least, a credit pass before you can be admitted into any University of your choice.
JAMB subject combination for Banking and Finance.
It is important to note that you need to score high in your JAMB and Post UTME, to have a better edge over other candidates seeking admission into this same course. I’ll recommend a JAMB score of 200 and above.
However, if you scored up to your school of choice (The University you selected during your JAMB registration) cut off marks, I’ll advise you to study hard and score very high in the School’s Post UTME screening to compensate for the low JAMB score.
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) for Banking and Finance.
For candidates seeking admission into any accredited University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Banking and Finance under the faculty of administration, please take note that you are mandated to have at least, Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from either Accounting, Economics, Management, Mathematics, Geography, and Statistics.
List of Universities Offering Banking and Finance in Nigeria:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada.
- Achievers University, Owo
- Arthur Javis University Akpoyubo Cross River State
- Augustine University.
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU)
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano.
- Baze University
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Bowen University, Iwo
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Covenant University Ota
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Chrisland University
- Christopher University Mowe
- Crown Hill University Eiyenkorin, Kwara State
- Crescent University (CUAB)
- Edo University, Iyamo.
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo
- Ekiti State University.
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa (FUOTUOKE)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Hallmark University, Ijebi Itele
- Ogun,Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kola Daisi University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State.
- Micheal & Cecilia Ibru University
- Mountain Top University
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudil
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Rhema University Obeama-Asa – Rivers State.
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa.
- Salem University, Lokoja.
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa.
- Summit University.
- The University of Ibadan.
- Kings University, Ode Omu (UNIKINGS).
- Veritas University, Abuja.
- Western Delta University Oghara Delta State.
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo.
- Bauchi State University, Gadau.
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY).
Courses Under Banking and Finance Degree.
These are the List of Banking and Finance Courses in Nigeria.
- Banking Laws and Regulation
- Banking Lending and Loan admin.
- Banking Methods and Processes.
- Business Communication
- Business Finance
- Business Law
- Business Policy and Strategy
- Business Statistics
- Capital Market & Portfolio Theory
- Comparative Banking System
- Computational Techniques
- Element of Government
- Elements of Banking
- Elements of Economics
- Entre Development & Small Bus Mgt
- Financial Management
- Financial Systems
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Intermediate Financial Accounting
- International Finance
- Intro to Cost & Mgt. Accounting
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Insurance
- Investment Analysis.
- Investment Banking.
- Macro Economics Theory.
- Mathematics for social science.
- Microeconomics Theory.
- Money and Banking.
- Money Theory and Fiscal Policy.
- Nigeria People and Culture.
- Nigerian Legal System.
- Practice of Banking.
- Principle of Management.
- Principles and Practice of Insurance.
- Principles of Accounting.
- Principles of Management.
- Principles of Marketing.
- Public Finance.
- Analysis for Business Decision.
- Social Psychology.
Best Career Opportunities for Banking and Finance Graduates.
- Bank Manager.
- Bank Teller.
- Budget Analyst.
- Company Secretary.
- Credit and Loan Officer.
- Dealer (Financial).
- Debt Collector.
- Finance Manager.
- Financial Analyst.
- Financial Analyst.
- Financial Bookkeeper.
- Financial Broker.
- Financial Investment Adviser And Manager.
- Investment Adviser.
- Loan Officer.
- Personal Financial Advisor.
What You SHOULD KNOW.
Are you aware that this course, Banking and Finance is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria, and very competitive in the university? When I say this course is competitive means that there are thousands of candidates seeking to gain admission to study this course at the University.
Another important fact you should know is this: Once a particular course has thousands of candidates seeking admission to study it annually, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of candidates admitted. Such limitation to ensure they pick the best qualified and eligible candidates includes high JAMB cut off mark, strict subject combinations etc.
When Studying Banking and Finance as a course, enables the student and equips them with the various knowledge to function effectively in a financial institution. Topics like banking, financial intermediation, asset and liability management, financial decision making, financial markets and institutions, and accounting are covered and explained in great detail.