I wrote the complete OAU departmental cut off points and OAU JAMB cut off marks for 2022, and the persisting question has been “Cut Off Mark For Law In OAU”, “what are the requirements to study law in OAU?”
This article will provide you, with a complete guide on OAU Law requirements, cut off marks, etc. Before anything, let me provide the answer to this question:
Can I study Law in OAU?
Yes, everyone is welcome to study LAW at the Obafemi Awolowo University, in as much as you pass the institution’s complete requirements listed below.
Requirements To Study Law in OAU.
These are the official requirements for candidates seeking admission into Obafemi Awolowo University through JAMB To Study Law.
- You are required to have at least, 5 credit passes in your O’level result (WAEC/NABTEB or NECO) including English and Mathematics not more than two (2) sittings before you can study Law in OAU.
- You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission. Even if your name appeared on the admission list and by the 31st of October you’re still under 16, your admission will be forfeited.
- Meet OAU Law Cut off Mark.
- Choose Correct JAMB Subject Combination for this course.
- Score a great JAMB, WAEC, Post UTME Score.
What is the cut off mark for Law in OAU University?
The OAU cut off marks for 2022 will officially be released after the UTME board has set the 2022 JAMB Cut off Marks for all academic institutions in Nigeria (including Universities, Polytechnics, CoE). Only after that, will OAU be able to set her official cut off points for eligible candidates to participate in the OAU Post UTME screening.
However, you should be expecting the OAU cut off mark to start from 180 or 200. Because this has been their modus operandi for a few years now.
Cut Off Mark For Law In OAU.
The aggregate OAU Law cut off mark for 2022 is 290 and above.
Take note of this. The official JAMB cut off mark for law in Obafemi Awolowo University is 200. This means you need to score a minimum of 200 in your JAMB result before you will be eligible to purchase the OAU Post UTME screening.
Now, depending on your OAU Post UTME screening, the higher you score, the better your chances. If your JAMB score and Post UTME screening score are calculated and you scored at least, 290 and above, you can be rest assured of your name appearing on the OAU Admission list.
What are the Subject Combination for Law in OAU?
These are the correct subjects to use during your JAMB registration. Candidates seeking admission into OAU to study LAW should know that the wrong subject combinations can affect their admission status.
- Use Of English.
- Literature .
- Christian Religious Studies (C.R.S).
O’Level Requirements For Law in OAU.
Before you can be qualified to study law at Obafemi Awolowo University, here’s the O’level requirements (WAEC, NECO, GCE result requirement).
All interested applicants/candidates should know that the school admission board has stated that to be eligible for admission to study Law at OAU, candidates are required to have at least five (5) O’ level credit passes in their SSCE.
It does not matter whether you’re using WAEC, NECO, GCE, etc, you are expected to have at least, five (5) credit passes in the following subjects:
- English Language.
- Christian Religious Studies (C.R.S).
- Literature in English.
OAU Direct Entry Requirements For Law.
Below are the requirements for candidates that wish to gain admission into Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) via Direct Entry (DE) to study law.
- You are required to have a minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of two (2) sittings.
- Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- It’s mandated that you buy the OAU Direct Entry Application Form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) And OAU Portal.
- You are required to have a minimum of Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND) and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- Do take note that other qualifications that are acceptable to the Senate of the Obafemi Awolowo University, and being equivalent to (1) and (4) above.
- If you have the above documents ready, also note that you must reach the school’s minimum admission requirements, that is, to satisfy your selected Faculty/Departmental entry requirements.
OAU LAW Related FaQ.
Question: Is OAU a good school to study Law?
Actually, this is one of the best institutions in the country to study Law. This tertiary institution thrives in an environment that fosters competitiveness, unrestrained scientific inquiry, critical thinking, innovation, and creativity. This gives you an insight as to why the Obafemi Awolowo University is one of the best Universities in Nigeria to study Law.
Question: Does OAU Accept Two Sittings For Law?
Answer: YES! This tertiary institution’s admission board disclosed that they Accept two sittings for Law. But I will advise you go with one sitting result to stand a better chance of getting admitted.
Question: To study Law in OAU is how many years?
Answer: To study Law at Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), takes 5 years.
Question: How much is the OAU School Fees for Law?
Answer: OAU school fees for Law should be around 43,700 – 60,000 Naira. Depending on your level.
Please if you have any questions related to studying Law in OAU, admission requirements, documents, etc, don’t hesitate to use the comment box below.