One of the most underrated courses in engineering, is the Biomedical Engineering/Technology, and this is so underrated by Nigerian students.
In this page, I’ll be covering everything you need to know about the Biomedical Engineering / Technology course in Nigeria, including:
- Biomedical Engineering / Technology Waec subjects.
- Biomedical Engineering / Technology JAMB subject combinations.
- Biomedical Engineering / Technology cut off mark for admission.
- Biomedical Engineering / Technology Admission requirements.
- Biomedical Engineering / Technology waivers for each polytechnics/universities.
- List of Polytechnics/Universities to study Biomedical Engineering/Technology in Nigeria.
- WAEC Subject Combination for Biomedical Engineering/Tech.
- JAMB Subject Combination for Biomedical Engineering/Tech.
- Direct Entry Requirements For Biomedical Engineering/Tech.
- UNIVERSITIES SPECIAL CONSIDERATION/WAIVER.
- Nigerian Universities Approved for Biomedical Engineering/Tech.
- Places You Can Work?
WAEC Subject Combination for Biomedical Engineering/Tech.
What we mean by WAEC subjection combination for a particular course is this. These subjects are the most required/needed for that particular course.
Here are the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) subject combinations required by major academic institutions in Nigeria, before offering you admission. Here are five (5) most important/relevant subjects required for Biomedical Engineering / Technology.
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Law [Including List of Universities Offering Law].
- Computer Science Admission Requirements, WAEC, JAMB and Schools Offering this course.
To ensure you stand a better chance of getting admitted to study this course in your choice University, take note of this:
You must ensure you have credit passes in the required 5 subjects, which are applicable to any of the following: NECO, GCE, or WAEC.
These are the WAEC Subject combination to study Biomedical Engineering / Technology:
- English Language.
JAMB Subject Combination for Biomedical Engineering/Tech.
Just as you are aware, before you will be admitted into a Nigerian University, you must first sit for the UTME exercise and score up to it’s cut off mark.
To study Biomedical Engineering/Tech. in a Nigerian university, you need to score at least, 180 in your JAMB result.
Since this course isn’t too popular in Nigeria, the cut off mark isn’t 200+, as expected for other engineering courses. One good thing about the Biomedical Engineering / Technology course, is it’s versatility. You can study this course in any College of Education, Polytechnic or University in Nigeria.
Use of English is mandatory, and since all JAMB candidates are mandated to select four subjects, here are the JAMB subject combination for Biomedical Engineering/Tech.
Scored Below the Biomedical Engineering/Tech. JAMB Cut off Mark for admission? Don’t give up yet, because there are other ways of gaining admission into any institution of your choice in Nigeria. These includes ND, IJBM, JUBEB or Predegree.
Direct Entry Requirements For Biomedical Engineering/Tech.
For candidates seeking admission to study this particular course in a University and NOT through UTME, then you must fulfil the Direct Entry admission requirement as shown below:
- It’s mandated that all have at least, 2 ‘A-level’ passes in Chemistry and any of the following subjects (Physics, Mathematics and Biology/ Zoology/Botany).
UNIVERSITIES SPECIAL CONSIDERATION/WAIVER.
UNIILORIN – Same as Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering. They also require relevant Programmes like Chemical Engineering Technology, Biomedical Engineering Technology, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technology, Foundry Engineering Technology, Glass/Ceramics Technology, Water and Mechanical Engineering Technology, Environmental Engineering Technology, Polymer Technology, Welding, Fabrication Technology, and Metallurgy.
Nigerian Universities Approved for Biomedical Engineering/Tech.
- ABUAD (Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State).
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State.
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota, Ogun State.
- Tech-Ibadan (Technical University, Ibadan, Oyo State).
- The University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Unilag (University Of Lagos, Lagos State).
Places You Can Work?
With a Degree in this course, you can work in any of these organization/offices/positions.
- Modern health care.
- Industrial firms.
- Medical equipment manufacturing units.
- Government regulatory agencies.
- And other medical institutions.