Getting the original and 100% official JAMB Subject combination for Law isn’t difficult. However, we should be very careful when picking subject combinations, because even if you scored 300+ in JAMB, you will be rejected and offered a course related to your selected subject during your JAMB Registration.
This page covers every detail and information required about the WAEC & JAMB Subject Combination for Law. If yes, then you are in the right place. This page does not only provide you with the official JAMB approved subject combination for Law, but same time, all Nigerian Universities offering law accredited by the NUC.
First, it is very important to note here that ONLY students who wrote WAEC and/or NECO as Art or Commercial students Law courses are ELIGIBLE and qualified to study LAW. This is because even if you’re a science student, you certainly must have selected Science subjects in your WAEC/NECO, and you may likely not have selected the JAMB-approved subject combinations.
For you to be qualified to study law in any accredited Nigerian university offering this course, you must ensure you meet the requirements listed below. First, you need to meet up with your ‘O’ Level requirement, then ensure you choose the proper Subject combination for JAMB and other requirements listed below.
WAEC Subject Combination for Law.
Candidates who want to study Law in any Nigerian university are required to have nothing less than five (5) SSCE (WAEC, GCE, and NECO,) credit passes in the various subjects that will be listed below.
Here are the WAEC subject combination for law:
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR LAW.
- Use of English Language.
- Literature in English.
- Christian Religious Studies.
UTME Direct Entry Requirements.
This are the official JAMB requirements for students who purchased the JAMB Direct Entry Form, and want to gain Direct Entry admission to study Law in any NUC accredited tertiary institution in Nigeria.
1. Two ‘A’ level passes in Social Science or Arts subjects.
2. NCE/ND/First Degree (Second Class Lower).
Nigerian Universities Offering Law.
- AAU (Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State)
- AAUA (Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State)
- ABSU (Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State)
- ABUAD (Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State)
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- AUE (Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State)
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, Oyo State
- AUN (American University Of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State)
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State. (Babcock)
- Basu (Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State)
- Baze University, Abuja, FCT.
- Unibenin (University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State)
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT.
- Bingham University, Karu, Nasarawa State
- Biu (Benson Idahosa University, Benin City, Edo State)
- Bsu (Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State)
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State.
- Unical (University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State)
- Coou (Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State)
- Cuab (Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State)
- Delsu (Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State)
- Eksu (Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State)
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- ESUTECH (Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State)
- EUI (Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State)
- Fed-Oye Ekiti (Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State)
- GOUU (Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike, Enugu State)
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Imsu (Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State)
- Jabu (Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji, Osun State)
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State
- Ksu (Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State)
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State
- LCITY (Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State)
- LASU (Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State)
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- Noun (National Open University Of Nigeria, Lagos State)
- Ndu (Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State)
- Nile University Of Nigeria, Abuja
- Novena University, Ogume, Delta State
- Uniport (University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State)
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State
- Pol-Acad (Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State)
- Redeemers University, Osun State
- Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu, Enugu State
- Rsust (Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, R/State)
- Salem University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Unn (University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State)
- Umyuk (Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina, Katsina State)
- Uniosun (Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State)
- Uniuyo (University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State)
- Western-Del (Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State)
- YSU (Yobe State University, Damaturu, Yobe State)
IMPORTANT NOTE: All candidates seeking to study Law should be aware that most Universities offer remarks/waivers for Law, Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure.
Available Jobs for Graduates with Degree in LAW.
It is important to know, even before choosing the course you want to study, to know available jobs for the course you want to study, and places you can fit in with a degree.
Graduands of Law can work as any of the following in any corporation, organisation, etc.
- Advice worker.
- Data analyst.
- Data scientist.
- Patent attorney.
- Chartered accountant.
- Civil Service administrator.
- Human resources officer.
- Trading standards officer.
If you have any questions regarding this WAEC/JAMB Subject combinations and List of Universities approved and accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC), don’t hesitate to drop a comment, we’ll do our best and get back to you.