The Abia State University – ABSU cut off mark for the 2022/2023 academic session has been released and published. Candidates seeking admission into ABSU should take note of the tertiary institution’s JAMB and departmental cut off marks.
ABSU JAMB Cut Off Mark?
What is the minimum required JAMB score a candidate needs to score, to qualify for the Abia State University Post UTME screening (internal examination for admission qualification)? This is one question most students are eager to know the answer, and we provide it here for you.
No doubt, the Abia State University remains one of Nigerian’s top tertiary institutions, which means that they would try to maintain a certain standard when it comes to admission criteria.
The ABSU minimum cut off mark for JAMB has been set. When I say Absu JAMB cut off mark, what I mean is the score one needs to score in JAMB to qualify for the ABSU screening.
Candidates who selected ABSU as their first choice and scored 180 and above in JAMB are automatically qualified.
The minimum JAMB score for ABSU is 180, but to ensure you get advantages over other candidates seeking admission into ABSU, you need to score 200 and above to stand a better chance than other candidates.
Your JAMB score, O’level result, and Post UTME screening are joined and used to calculate your ABSU aggregate, which determines your admission status. Which means that the higher your score, the better chance you stand of getting admitted into the Abia State University.
ABSU Cut Off Mark for Courses/Departments:
|FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION|
|Banking & Finance||200|
|FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE|
|Animal Science & Fisheries||190|
|Agric. Economics & Extension||190|
|Crop Production & Protection||180|
|Food Science & Technology||190|
|FACULTY OF EDUCATION|
|Education/Administration & Planning||180|
|Education/Management & Planning||180|
|Education/English & Literature||180|
|Education/Guidance & Counselling||180|
|Education/History & International Relations||180|
|Education/Fine & Applied Arts||180|
|FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL & PHYSICAL SCIENCES|
|Animal & Environmental Biology||200|
|Plant Science & Biotechnology||220|
|FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES|
|Building Technology & Civil Engineering||190|
|Environmental Resources Management||200|
|Fine & Applied Arts||200|
|Urban & Regional Planning||200|
|Geography & Planning||210|
|FACULTY OF LAW|
|FACULTY OF MEDICINE|
|Medicine & Surgery||240|
|FACULTY OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|English Language & Literature||200|
|Foreign Language & Translation Studies||190|
|Government & Public Administration||200|
|History & International Relations||200|
|Linguistics & Communication studies||200|
|Library & Information Science||200|
How Does ABSU do their Screening?
Once you have seen the ABSU’s departmental cut off marks for admission and you scored up to your course cut off mark, there is a higher chance of you getting admitted into your selected course. If you scored 180 and above in JAMB and scored up to the ABSU cut off mark for your course, then this is the next step.
Applicants should take note that the Abia State University does its admission screening in two phases, which are listed below.
The first phase involves candidates who applied to study in ABSU proceeding for the pre-screening exercise immediately after the registration form is released.
In the first phase, the school authorities require only two major documents, which are SSCE Result and JAMB Registration print out.
It is advisable that candidates should be at their pre-screening venues or centers, 30 minutes before the time it’s billed to commence.
SECOND PHASE OF ABSU SCREENING:
The Abia State University second phase of screening, commence after the ABSU admission list has been released. Take note that in this phase, you are to bring these documents under-listed below.
- Birth Certificate or Age Declaration
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin
- Original copies of your credentials (certificates and statements of result)
- Letter of good conduct from your village head or any responsible member of your community/or civil servant not below grade level 10 or equivalent in the private sector addressed to The Registrar, Abia State University (original and photocopy).
- O’Level Result Certificate (WAEC/NECO) OR an online version of the result.
- State of Origin Certificate
- JAMB Admission Letter (Institution Copy – Coloured and photocopy)
Abia State University Facts:
- Abia State University was first established in 1981 and is one of the foremost universities in Eastern Nigeria.
- The tertiary institution is 100% keen on the acquisition of ICT-driven skills for its students. ABSU gives special attention to entrepreneurship. The school also runs a comprehensive entrepreneurship programme to actualize this goal.
- The academic institution is located in Uturu and it is accessible to three International airports.
- This Institute works together with various institutions and organizations in various sectors to encourage growth in science and technology, Law, Social science and so on.
- ABSU is usually a calm place and the campus is filled with facilities that encourage growth, creativity, and hard work.
- There are numerous programmes available which candidates can use in getting admitted to Abia State University. However, all these programmes must follow certain important laid down processes. Students must first pick the course that interests them and score the minimum required mark. Other processes include the completion of Post Graduate Studies’ application form.
- Abia State University was established in 1981 by Sam Mbakwe. Sam Mbakwe was the governor of the old Imo State. This was at a time Abia State has not been created from the old Imo State. However, a few years later, Abia State was created in 1991, and the Uturu campus of the institution was given to the new state.
- This tertiary institution is organized in colleges and schools, following the pattern of the University of Nebraska in the United States of America.
- ABSU offers undergraduate, graduate and doctorate degrees.
- This institution has two campuses. The main campus is located in Uturu, while the second campus is located in Umuahia (the capital of the State).
If you have any questions, input or want to share your own view, do use the comment box and reach out to us. We’ll be happy to reply and discuss it with you. Best wishes.