I think there’s little to no reason why JAMBites sitting for the 2022 JAMB examination and had selected Biology in their JAMB Subject Combinations, not to go through this JAMB Biology Questions and Answers.
Here are the MOST likely questions that will be coming out in this year’s JAMB Biology examination. So go through this article, and carefully check these JAMB likely Mock questions and Answers.
JAMB BIOLOGY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
1. Swim bladder in fishes can be used for?
Answer: Its primary function is maintaining buoyancy.
2. Communication in termites is through?
b. Touch and smell
c. Touch and sound
d. Smell and sound
3. A feature of an animal that lives in a cold region is?
a. Small ear and small feet.
b. Presence of scarce hairs.
c. Small body size.
4. The mode of nutrition of Ascaris lumbricoides in the human small intestine is?
5. Creepers and climbers dwell in the?
a. Low layers.
b. Middle layer.
c. Top layer.
6. In a DNA, thymine base always pairs with the following:
8. In the diagram in question 7,IV represents [ans=receptacle]
9. A characteristic of an open circulatory system is the presence of Haemocoel
11. Blood is brought back into the heart from the lungs by?
Answer: Pulmonary vein.
12. Differences in the heart structures of fishes, man, toads, goat, and reptile is evidence of evolution for _____?
Answer: Comparative anatomy.
13. the mode of nutrition exhibited by Rhizopus is
14. diagram of the room of a dicot plant stem, III in the diagram is used for ______
15. In the diagram in question 14, II is the ____?
16. The roots and hairs of plants are produced by the ____?
Answer: Piliferous layers.
18. The bone in the elbow of a man is what type of joint.
Answer: Hinge joint.
19. The ABO blood group can be identified by the substance present on their _____?
Answer: Red blood cell.
20. An example of a discontinuous variation is the ______?
Answer: Blood group system.
21. The white mangrove plants adapt to their environment by the possession of _____?
Answer: Breathing roots.
22. Thick bark of a forest is a feature for ______
A. Protecting them against animals.
b. Consevation of water.
23. a feature of the bryophyte is ______?
a.sporophyte is the dominant stage
b the sporophyte stage is independent of the bryophyte stage.
c the gametophyte stage is independent of the sporophyte stage.
24.C6H1206-X+CO2+ENERGY .X is
26. The evolution of similar organisms from different ancestral species is termed _____?
Answer: Convergent evolution.
27. A characteristic of epiphytes is that _______
28. In epigeal germiunation ______
Answer: Hypocotyl grows above the soil.
29. Which is true about blood group O?
Answer: They have both antibodies A and B.
30. Production of interferon using a genetically engineered bacteria is now ____
Answer: Cheaper and faster. You can check the modern biology pg 567 biotechnology, previous edition to see this answer.
31. Myopic conditions can be corrected by…[ans=concave lens]
32. Water pollution can be reduced by…
33. The function of chloroplast in a plant cell is ______?
34. both animal and plant cells possess ______?
35. What do animal and plant cells have in common
A. Central vacuole.
c. Cell membrane.
d. Cell wall.
Factors that determine individual blood group is located?
A. White blood cells.
B. Red blood cells.
C. the plasma.
36. Which of these is a discontinuous variation?
B. Skin color
C. Blood group.
37. A diagramatic sketch of the transverse section of the supporting tissues of a plant. We are asked to identify the phloem and state the function of the xylem
38. A diagram of a flower and we were asked what it was
39. We were also asked to identify the receptacle.
40. A food chain and we were asked to identify the trophic level of the secondary consumer
41. What is the best adaptation for an organism on a cold region?
A. Small hairs and feet
B. Small body
C. Little hairs on the body.
42. In the DNA what does Thymine bind to?
45. Difference between epigeal and hypogeal germination in terms of hypocotyl
46. What enzyme is used to convert glucose to ethanol, CO², and energy?
47. One of the main factors affecting the abiotic part of the ecosystem is?
48. The possession of swim bladder in fish is used for?
49. which of the following is a producer in a successional environment
50. The adaptation of white mangrove in a salty water marsh/habitat is?
51. The thick bark of trees in the savannah is to enable?
Answer: Loss of water.
52. What level contains the creepers and climbing plants in a tropical rainforest?
Answer: Lower level.
53. which of the following is present in an open circulatory system
54. The adaptation of epiphytes to their surroundings includes?
Answer: Leaves reduced to spines.
55. (Drawing of a dicotyledonous stem)
Does the part labeled IV indicate?
56. (Same drawing of dicotyledonous stem) The function of the part labeled IV includes? Answer- Conducting water and dissolved mineral salts.
57. The root hairs emerge from what layer of the root?
58. The difference occurring in different originations of similar species indicate?
Answer: Divergent evolution.
59. (Drawing of a flower) The part labelled VI is ?
Answer: The receptacle.
60. Glucose + Oxygen —– X + Co2 + Energy … what is X ?
61. The washing of chemicals and fertilizers into the soil could lead to ?
Answer: Reduction of aquatic life.
CURRENT JAMB BIOLOGY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
1. Which of the following is known as the emergency hormone.
2. Which of the following reduces competition among members of a species?
Answer: Different Ecological Niche of the adult and Larva of the species.
3. What develops into the seed of a flowering plant?
4. Which of these is evidence of the modern theory of evolution?
a. Fossil records.
c. Comparative Anatomy.
5. The theory that giraffes will develop long necks was postulated by?
6. Which of the following is an example of Morphological variation?
Answer: Skin color.
7. Which of these Insects have boring mouthparts?
8. Desert can be found in which of these Nigerian states?
9. Which of these animals use stinging as a defense?
a) Praying mantis b) Porcupine
10. Which blood group is known as the universal recipient?
11. The spinal cord is protected by ______?
12. ______ converts nitrites to nitrates.
Answer: Nitrobacter (However this wasn’t in the options… There were Nitrosomonas and Azotobacter )
13. Animals found on the treetop are called?
Answer: Arboreal animals.
14. ______ is when a harmless organism appears to be a harmful organism?
15. The outermost part of the tooth is?
16. Plants possessing pneumatophores grown in_________?
17. An apple is a ______ type of fruit?
18. At what stage of mitotic division does the chromosome lie along the equator?
19. Poor growth, and reddish coloration, are visible in plants lacking?
20. In the stem of plants, what is responsible for gaseous exchange?
c. Guard cell.
21. Which of the following carry deoxygenated blood?
a. Pulmonary artery.
b. coronary artery.
Answer: Pulmonary artery.
22. Diagram of the Flame Cell in the Planaria.
23. Diagram of an animal cell. – Identify Mitochondria and Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum
24. If a man with blood group O marries a woman with blood group AB, what are the possible blood groups of their children?
a. O and B.
b. O and A.
c. A and B.
d. AB and O
25. Mychorrihza exhibits what type of association?
26. The blue-green algae belong to which class?
27. The outermost part of mammalian teeth is?
28. Which of the following is the female s*x cell?
Answer: for “Animals is OVUM” while that for “Plants is EGG CELL”
29. Which of the following plant kingdoms does sori belong?
30. Which of the following converts Nitrite to nitrates?
31. Which of the following insects possess boring mouthparts?
32. Competition is reduced in housefly by?
A. The adult laying fewer eggs
B. The majority of the played egg not hatched
C. Little differentiation between larva and adult
D. Males not fertilize majority of the eggs.
33. Which phase of mitosis does the chromosomes lie at the equator?
34. Evidence of evolution is believed to come from
A. Comparative anatomy
B. Comparative physiology.
C. Fossil records.
D. Genetic studies.
35. Which of the following uses stinging as a means of defense:
36. Pnuematophors is an adaptation of trees in
37. the type of association in mycorrhiza is
38. Blue-green algae belong to what kingdom.
JAMB Biology Questions For You.
This particular section is different because I want you to do the research yourself and come up with the answers. Going through Biology past questions and answers in JAMB is great, but without doing any research yourself, without going through Biology textbooks, all you are doing, is just cramming, and with one little mistake or pressure, you’ll forget everything or get immensely confused.
Here are just ten (10) best JAMB biology questions you should go through and seek for the answers yourself.
The dark reaction of photosynthesis involves the following:
A. release of oxygen and the splitting of water.
B. photolysis of water and the production of starch.
C. reduction of carbon (IV) oxide to organic compounds.
D. splitting of water into hydrogen ions.
The most important hormone that induces the ripening of fruit is?
B. Indole acetic acid.
C. Ethylene D. Gibberellin.
3. Metabolic production of urea is carried out in the?
A. urinary bladder and kidney.
C. kidney and Malpighian tubule.
In mammalian males, the excretory and reproductive systems share the?
C. vas deferens
The best method of propagating sugarcane is by the following:
A. stem cuttings.
B. seed sowing.
The response of plants to external stimuli in a non-directional manner is known as?
A. nastic movement>
Homologous pairs of chromosomes separate during?
An example of a caryopsis is?
D. maize grain.
A limiting factor in a plant population near a chemical factory is likely to be
The pioneer organisms in ecological succession are usually the following: