This is the most compiled, detailed information you’ll be getting as an applicant, seeking information on BioChemistry. Candidates seeking admission to study Biochemistry in Nigerian tertiary institution, can get the JAMB subject combination for Biochemistry, o’level subject combination, Biochemistry admission requirements, etc.
This page covers everything regarding the WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination For Biochemistry: Providing answers to questions like:
- “What are the Jamb Subject combination to study Biochemistry in Nigeria”
- “Must I pass Maths in WAEC to study Biochemistry?”
- “What subjects are needed to study Biochemistry?”
- What Subject Will I write in Jamb to Study Biochemistry?”
Candidates applying for admission into any Nigerian accredited academic institution to study Biochemistry, take note that you must first get a minimum of five (5) credits in your O’ level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) core courses and during your JAMB registration, (either UTME or DE), you need to pick four (4) subjects in JAMB, and score 200 and above to stand a better chance of getting admitted.
WAEC SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR BIOCHEMISTRY.
Candidates aiming to study Biochemistry at any accredited Higher institution should note that the minimum subject you can sit for in WAEC is 8. However, for some candidates who took 9 subjects, here are the Core O’level subject combination for this course.
2. English Language.
6. Agricultural Science.
7. Civic Education.
9. Christian Religious Studies or Islamic Religious Studies.
JAMB SUBJECTS COMBINATION FOR BIOCHEMISTRY.
- English Language ( Compulsory).
List Of 102 Universities That Offers Biochemistry in Nigeria.
You should know that there’s a body in Nigeria, governing whether an institution is well-equip for a course or not. That body’s name is National Universities Commission (NUC). Note that not all Universities in Nigeria are accredited by NUC to offers Biochemistry.
To ensure you made the right decision in picking accredited Universities studying Biochemistry in Nigeria, I have compiled you, the list of all Federal Universities, State Universities, and Private Universities that offers Biochemistry in Nigeria, in an alphabetical order.
- Abia State University, Uturu.
- Achievers University Owo.
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko.
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State.
- Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo.
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin.
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.
- Anambra State University, Uli.
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo.
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State.
- Bayero University, Kano.
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota.
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City.
- Bingham University, Karu.
- Bowen University, Iwo.
- Caleb University, Imota.
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu.
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State.
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota.
- Crawford University.
- Crescent University, Abeokuta.
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar.
- Delta State University, Abraka.
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki.
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti.
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State.
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu.
- Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi State.
- Federal College Of Education, Yola (Affiliated To Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria).
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi.
- Federal University Of Technology Minna.
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure.
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri.
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State.
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State.
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State.
- Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State.
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State.
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State.
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State.
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State.
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State.
- Fountain University, Osogbo.
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike.
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe.
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State.
- Hallmark University,Ijebu-Itele,Ogun State.
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai.
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City.
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU).
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji.
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna.
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil.
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliro.
- Kogi State University, Anyigba.
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin.
- Lead City University , Ibadan.
- Madonna University, Okija (Madonna).
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State.
- Michael And Cecilia Ibru University, Owhrode, Delta State.
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU).
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola.
- Mountain Top University, Makogi/Oba, Ogun State.
- Niger Delta University , Wilberforce Island.
- Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State.
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano State.
- Novena University Ogume.
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OOU).
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu.
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye.
- Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State.
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa.
- Osun State University, Osogbo.
- Plateau State University, Bokkos.
- Redeemers University.
- Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu.
- Rhema University , Obeama, Rivers State.
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology (RSUST).
- Salem University, Lokoja.
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State.
- Sokoyo State University, Sokoto.
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun State.
- Tansain University, Oba, Anambra State.
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina.
- University Of Benin, Benin City.
- University Of Calabar, Calabar.
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan.
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin.
- University Of Jos, Jos.
- University Of Lagos.
- University Of Maiduguri.
- University Of Mkar, Gboko.
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka.
- University Of Port-Harcourt.
- University Of Uyo.
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto.
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology. Ondo.
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State.
LIST OF POLYTECHNICS THAT OFFERS BIOCHEMISTRY.
- Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi.
- Bayelsa Polytechnic.
- Benue State Poly, Ugbokolo.
- Crown Polytechnics, Odo Ado-Ekiti.
- D.S. Adegbenro Ict Polytechnic, Itori.
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe.
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro.
- Dorben Polytechnic, Bwari-Garam Road, Fct-Abuja.
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa.
- Federal Polytechnic, Bali.
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi.
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida.
- Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ida.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda.
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede.
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko.
- Lagos State Poly, Ikorodu.
- Fed. Polytechnic, Ilaro.
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION THAT OFFERS BIOCHEMISTRY (Biology/Chemistry).
• Akwa-Ibom State College Of Education, Afaha-Nsit.
• Alvan Ikoku College Of Educ. Owerri.
• Angel Crown College Of Education, Gidan-Daya, Fct-Abuja.
• Assanusiyah College Of Education, Ipetumodu, Osun State.
• Best Legacy College Of Education, Ogbomoso, Oyo State.
• Bethel College Of Education, Ijare, Ondo State.
• City College Of Education, Garki Fct-Abuja.
• College Of Education, (Tech), Lafiagi.
• College Of Education, Agbor.
• College Of Education, Akwanga.
• College Of Education, Ankpa.
• College Of Education, Azare.
• College Of Education, Ekiadolor.
• College Of Education, Ero, Akure.
• Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna.
• Kano State Polytechnic, Kano.
• Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja.
• Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, Kwara State.
• Lagos State Poly, Ikorodu.
List of Universities Offering Biochemistry (Health Sciences).
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State (UNICAL).
- Eko University Of Medicine And Health Sciences, Ijanikin, Lagos State – Eko-Uni
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State (UI)
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State – Igbinedion.
- University Of Jos, Jos (UNIJOS)
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology (LAUTECH)
- Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences, Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State.
- Pamo University Of Medical Science, Port Harcourt, Rivers State (PAMO)
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (UNIUYO)
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Biochemistry. (Health Sciences)
Direct Entry Requirement for Biochemistry:
Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and any one of Physics, Biology/ Zoology/Botany and Mathematics.
UTME Requirement for Biochemistry:
Five (5) SSC credit passes in the following subjects:
- English Language,
UTME Subject combination for Biochemistry (HEALTH SCIENCE):
- Use of English (This subject is already compulsory for all JAMBites)
1. Candidates planning to study Biochemistry should take note that you must sit for English Language and Mathematics in your O’level (either Waec, Neco).
2. However, during your JAMB registration, Use of English is compulsory, while Mathematics is not Compulsory or even needed.
3. However, it’s necessary to choose three correct subject combination to merge with the English Language, making four subjects to sit for in JAMB.
|DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT||UTME REQUIREMENT||SUBJECTS|
|Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.||Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.||Use of English (which is compulsory for all candidates writing JAMB) Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.|
|NCE/ND/HND in related programmes plus the UTME requirements.|
Universities Offering Biochemistry Special Waivers.
- Cell biology and Signaling.
- Genetics and DNA.
- Structure and function of Molecules.
- Proteins and Membranes.
- Microbiology and Viruses.
- Disease Mechanisms.
Biochemistry Transferable Skills.
Applicants aiming to study biochemistry at any level, should be aware that this course provides many transferable skills that are desirable to potential employers. These skills include:
- Analytical Skills.
- Research Skills.
- Problem Solving
- Numerical Skills
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Team Work.
- Computational Skills
Frequently Asked Questions.
Is Mathematics compulsory for Biochemistry Science in JAMB?
NO, Mathematics is not compulsory for Biochemistry in MOST Nigerian higher institutions. However, in special waivers, there are few universities that requires Mathematics.
What are the compulsory subjects for Biochemistry?
The compulsory or correct subject for Biochemistry when sitting for JAMB are as follows: Use of English (compulsory for all jamb candidates), Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
While for Waec; English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
What are the main subject for Biochemistry?
These are the most important subjects for candidates who wants to study Biochemistry in JAMB are Biology, English Language Chemistry, and Physics.
Can I Study Biochemistry Without Physics in Jamb?
YES, you can study Biochemistry without Physics. However, you should note that you can replace Physics with Mathematics in JAMB. However, Physics is an important and core subject to pass with at least C6 in O’level.
Is further Maths compulsory for Biochemistry?
NO, Further Mathematics is itself not a compulsory subject to enroll in Jamb if you want to study Biochemistry.