WHY JAMB 2022 RESULT is Yet to be Released – JAMB Releases Official Statement

why jamb result is yet to be Released

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has disclosed why it is yet to release the results of the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) of candidates who partook in it.

There’s absolutely no person in a better position to explain the reasons why the JAMB result for 2022 is yet to be released than the Registrar, Prof Ishaq Oloyede.

Prof Ishaq Oloyede disclosed that the major reason why the examination body is yet to release results is due to internal appraisal. The JAMB boss went further to calm the nerves of UTME candidates yet to see their results, saying that JAMB would not release results until it has completely received reports of examination malpractices, adding that only 60 per cent of results came in after the examinations.

WHY JAMB 2022 RESULT is Yet to be Released -  JAMB Releases Official Statement

WHY JAMB 2022 RESULT is Yet to be Released – JAMB Releases Official Statement

The JAMB boss said and I quote below:

“Right now, to be sincere with the public, we do not have any reason not to release the results of candidates who sat for the UTME. However, we are also doing some internal assesment. For years now, there has been issues of releasing results, and after few hours/days, , we start withdrawing some candidate’s result for various reasons. To avoid issues like this, we have asked people to submit reports, particularly, of malpractices, and we will compile them, before releasing result.

“Candidates who started the 2022 UTME on May 6th, we had their result ready that same day. But we now scrutinised and saw that about 40 per cent of the report expected from each CBT centers were not in. So, why release 60 per cent and create confusion with the remaining 40%? We have insisted that this year, we will not release results until we have all the reports of examination malpractices. Yes, all candidates resul are ready, but we believe we need to have all the reports submitted too; we have about 70 per cent of reports now updated but we want 100 per cent before releasing the 2022 UTME results.

It is now a yearly occurrence where the UTME board reports the number of successfully registered candidates. For 2022, a total of 1.7 million candidates registered. The JAMB boss, Prof Ishaq said that they have zero-tolerance for examination infractions, and advise candidates to conduct themselves properly, while following the board’s rule to ensure they get their results.

So far, there have been various reactions from candidates who had participated in this 2022 exercise, some candidates complimented, while others complained. Some candidates said the UTME exercise was successful and networks better, while other candidates said the opposite, saying that they had issues with the questions, especially the Use of English.

Two candidates who participated in the exercise, Adewole Suliat, and Tijani Sumayya said the examination was one of the easiest they have written so far and are expecting to score at the very least, 300 and above.

About the author

Glory Joseph

A graduate of Medicine From Imsu, Current Nurse, Medical book reader, Nigeria tertiary institution news anchor. I virtually know all Varsities in Nigeria!

Leave a Comment