Latest information reaching our educational publishing desk, is that the College of Education Academic Staff Union (COEASU) will be meeting on Tuesday, the 24th of June, 2014 with the National Assembly In a bid to resolved the ongoing strike.
According to the COEASU President, Mr. Emmanuel Nkoro confirmed that the June 24th meeting with the national assembly, has high hopes and that all the issues will be resolved during the meeting, so that the lecturer’s strike will be called off and all College of education students will return back to school.
Likewise, it would be recalled that the College of Education Association Staff Union (COEASU) are on strike for the following reasons:
- The non-implementation of Peculiar Academic Allowance to the tune of N5.6bn,
- imposition of integrated IPPIS, inadequate funding of the teaching practice,
- Non- accreditation of NCE programmes,
- Non-release of Whitepaper on Visitation Panel Reports 2011,
- Non-implementation of CONPCASS in some states,
- Non –institution of dual mode which allows colleges of education the autonomy to award degrees in core education courses to run concurrently with the NCE programmes among others.
More details about the coeasu 2014 strike and the outcome of the 24th of June meeting will be disclosed here on Dailyschoolnews.com.ng. We do hope that everything work out fine and the strike will be called off and students will go back to school.
Please do share this information with your friends on facebook, twitter and google+, using the share buttons below.