Using this medium, the Dailyschoolnews Nigeria team wishes to inform the general public, and most especially, all Nigerians who are interested in scholarship for Nigerian students for 2014.
According to the ministry of education in Taiwan, who disclosed that application for the 2014 enrichment scholarship are invited from eligible and qualified candidates, and the main aim of this scholarship is to encourage international students and individuals to undertake Mandarin Chinese language study in Taiwan.
Please note that in the year 2014, one scholarship will be awarded to a Nigerian, the Ministry of Education will grant the scholarship recipient a monthly income of NT$ 25,00 (approximately 130,000 naira) for maximum one (1) year. The recipient is responsible for his/her own expenses.
According to the institution, all applying applicants must meet all of the following criteria’s as displayed below:
1. All applying students MUST be a Nigerian citizen, and must be 18 years of age or older, a high school graduate or above, with an excellent academic performance in his/her most recent formal educational study experience and be of good moral character.
2. Should not be a ROC (Taiwan) national.
3. All applying students should not have the status of being an overseas compatriot student.
4. Please note that all applying students should currently not be a registered student at a Mandarin training center, and has never been a degree-seeking student at any university or college in Taiwan.
5. Is not an exchange student in accordance with an agreement of cooperation between Taiwan and Nigeria.
6. All applicants must have never received an award neither under this scholarship program nor the Taiwan Scholarship Program.
7. All applying candidates should not be a recipient of any other scholarship or subsidy offered by the Taiwan government or any other educational institutions in Taiwan.
1. Please all applying candidates/students should submit the following application documents to the:
Trade Mission of the ROC (Taiwan) in Nigeria
(mailing address: Trade Mission of ROC (Taiwan),
PMB 5111, 31 Katsina Ala Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria).
Documents Required for Submission:
1. Please note that application form for ROC (Taiwan) Ministry of Education Huayu Enrichment Scholarships 2014 (as appendix A)
2. One photocopy of applicant’s diploma or highest degree of education (in English)
3. Academic records listing courses and grades (in English)
4. One letter of recommendation (in English)
5. One photocopy of application form to a Mandarin training center affiliated to universities/colleges in Taiwan, (the list of language school as appendix B)
6. One photocopy of National ID and valid passport.
7. Current bank statement covering a period of six months signed by the branch manager.
8. The Trade Mission of the ROC(Taiwan) in Nigeria will review the application documents and inform the applicants the selection result in writing by 15 April 2014.
Please note that no application documents will be returned.
For further information, please contact office:
The Trade Mission of the ROC(Taiwan) in Nigeria
P.O. Box: P.M.B. 5111, Abuja, Nigeria
Office Address: 31 Katsina Ala Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
Email:[email protected] yahoo.com
All application closes on March 31, 2014.
You can learn more about this by Clicking Here
Please do share this information with your friends on facebook and twitter, using the share buttons below.