Using this medium, the Dailyschoolnews Nigeria team wishes to inform the general public, and most especially, all interested candidates, that the Swansea University, UK, is using this platform, to invite all Nigerians to apply for its undergraduate scholarship for Nigerian students.
According to the Swansea University authorities, the scholarships for Nigerians is offered by the International Development Office, which was founded in 1920, Swansea is a vibrant research-led university which accommodates hundreds of Nigerians each year in undergraduate and postgraduate schools.
Worth of Award:
All applicants should note that the scholarship is awarded in two forms, as mentioned below:
1. If you receive £4,000 in your first year (2014) you will be awarded £2,000 in your second year conditional on you passing the first year with an overall average of 65%
2. Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees.
All interested candidates can now apply for the International Excellence Scholarships for Undergraduates if you qualified, and you can check your qualification by answering the questions below:
1. Are a national of (or permanently domiciled in) Nigeria
2. Are classed as an overseas student for fee purpose.
3. If you’re enrolling on a course at Swansea University for the first time in September 2014. (All applying students for second year entry and foundation level students are not eligible to apply)
Have already submitted your application and hold an offer to study at Swansea University in September 2014
4. Please note that students progressing from ICWS and students currently studying at Swansea are not qualified to apply for this scholarship.
Guidelines On How to Apply For The Swansea University Scholarship
1. You will need to apply for your course at the Swansea University before you can apply for a scholarship. So ensure that once you have submitted your application for your course, you will receive a Swansea University student ID number (6 digit number), which is needed for your scholarship application.
2. Please note that any application forms which is submitted without a student ID will be sent back to you and you will be requested to resubmit your application when you have applied for a course.
How to Complete the Scholarship Form
1. Please ensure that the email you enter is one which you check regularly as we will use this for correspondence and will be sending you all important information.
2. Please note that you should enter your student ID number (6 digit number) – this is required!
Your application will be immediately declined and returned to you until you have received an ID number by applying for a course.
3. Excellence in extra-curricular areas such as in sport, music or other interests or your wider contribution to society through voluntary work.
4. How you think you can contribute to the university community at Swansea and your experience of different cultures, languages, countries and communities.
5. Your future career goals and your leadership potential.
6. Your life experience such as overcoming adversity or challenges in your life.
7. You can apply online via their website (see link below).
8. Please note that all students who have successfully complete the Scholarship form for 2014, should return it alongside with your education transcripts to the email address here
For more information regarding the Swansea scholarships and funding sources relating to specific countries, please contact our Regional Manager using the details below:
Vivian Odede, Swansea University Regional Manager for Nigera/Ghana
Telephone: 234 7059833881
Applicants must have completed an application for a place to study at Swansea University which must have been received by the Admissions Office by the June 2, 2014 deadline.
You can read more about this scholarship by Clicking Here
Please do share this information with your friends on facebook and twitter, using the share buttons below. Thank You.