The Kogi State University Postgraduate admission form is out for the 2019/2020 academic session. All candidates who are interested in applying for admission into the Kogi State Postgraduate school should take note of this information.
How Much is Kogi State University (KSU) Postgraduate Form?
Candidates should know that the Kogi State University, KSU Postgraduate registration form cost N15,000 (Fifteen thousand Naira only).
When is the Kogi State University (KSU) Postgraduate Form Deadline?
The deadline to apply for the KSU postgraduate school is 23rd November 2019. Registration commences on the 14th of October 2019.
Latest information reaching our news desk today is that the School of Postgraduate Studies at Kogi State University, Anyigba is currently inviting applications from qualified candidates for admission into Postgraduate programs of the university. The KSU postgraduate school awards candidates with Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters Degrees as well as Doctor of Philosophy Degrees.
- Available Faculties:
- KSU Postgraduate School Courses:
- QUALIFICATION FOR DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D.) PROGRAMMES
- KSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- QUALIFICATION FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD)
- GENERAL QUALIFICATION/ REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
- How to Apply for KSU Postgraduate Admission
- KSU POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL SCREENING REGISTRATION PROCEDURE.
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Health Science
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Science
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences.
KSU Postgraduate School Courses:
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS & EXTENSION
- Ph.D Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Extension
- M.Sc Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Extension
- PGD Agricultural Economics & Extension
DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL PRODUCTION
- Ph.D. in Animal Production
- M.Sc Animal Production
- PGD Animal Production
DEPARTMENT OF CROP PRODUCTION
- Ph.D. Agronomy (Crop Production, Crop Protection)
- M.Sc Agronomy (Crop Production, Crop Protection)
- PGD Crop Production
DEPARTMENT OF FOOD, NUTRITION & HOME SCIENCES
- Ph.D. (Food Science & Technology)
- M.Sc (Food Science & Technology)
- PGD (Food Science and Technology)
FACULTY OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES:
- DEPARTMENT OF ARABIC & ISLAMIC STUDIES
- Ph.D Arabic Language & Literature.
- M.A Arabic Language & Literature.
- PGD Arabic Language & Literature.
- Ph.D Islamic Studies.
- M.A Islamic Studies.
- PGD Islamic Studies.
- DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH & LITERARY STUDIES
- Ph.D (English Language)
- M.A (English Language)
- Ph.D (Literature in English)
- M.A (Literature in English).
- DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- Ph.D History
- M.A History
- DEPARTMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
- Ph.D Philosophy
- M.A Philosophy
- DEPARTMENT OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- Ph.D Religious Studies (Church History, African Traditional Religion, Philosophy and Religion, Religion and Society)
- M.A Religious Studies (Church History, African Traditional Religion, Philosophy and Religion, Religion and Society)
- DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE ARTS
- Ph.D Theatre Arts
- M.A Theatre Arts
- PGD Theatre Arts
FACULTY OF LAW:
- Master of Arts, Law and Diplomacy (MALD)
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING
- PGD Accounting
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Ph.D Management
- M.Sc Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Management
- PGD Management
- Ph.D Marketing
- M.Sc Marketing
FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES:
DEPARTMENT OF BIOCHEMISRTY
- Ph.D Biochemistry
- M.Sc Biochemistry
- PGD Biochemistry
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- Ph.D Zoology (Hydrobiology and Fisheries)
- M.Sc Zoology (Hydrobiology and Fisheries)
- PGD Zoology (Hydrobiology and Fisheries)
- M.Sc Botany (Plant Pathology/Mycology)
- PGD Botany (Plant Pathology/Mycology)
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
- Ph.D (Organic Chemistry)
- M.Phil/Ph.D (Organic Chemistry)
- M.Sc (Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry)
- PGD (Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry)
DEPARTMENT OF EARTH SCIENCES
- M.Sc (Hydrogeology, Environmental and Pollution Studies
- PGD Applied Geology
DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY
- M.Sc Industrial Microbiology
- M.Sc Medical Microbiology
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
- Ph.D Theoretical Physics (Mathematical, Nuclear)
- M.Sc Theoretical Physics (Mathematical, Nuclear)
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES:
DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Ph.D Geography (Environmental Resource Planning)
- M.Sc Geography (Environmental Resource Planning)
- Masters in Environmental Management
- PGD Environmental Management
- PGD Remote Sensing and GIS
DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
- M.Sc Political Science
- PGD Political Science
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
- Ph.D Sociology
- M.Phil /Ph.D Sociology
- M.Sc Sociology
- PGD Sociology
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
- M.Phil/Ph.D Economics
- M.Sc Economics,
- PGD Economics
DEPARTMENT OF MASS COMMUNICATION
- M.Sc Mass Communication
- PGD Mass Communication
QUALIFICATION FOR DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D.) PROGRAMMES
The Kogi state university Postgraduate school management has made it mandatory that all applicants seeking admission into The Ph.D. programme shall:
- Be a graduate of Kogi State University or any other NUC approved University who has obtained the degree of Master of Arts or Science (MA/M.Sc).
- Applicant must possess a minimum of 3.5 Cumulative Grade point Average on a 5 point scale or equivalent letter grade B in previous postgraduate core courses before they’ll be considered for admission.
- Applicants seeking admission into programmes in Natural Sciences, they must possess a minimum of 4.0 Cumulative Grade point Average on a 5 point scale or equivalent letter grade B in previous postgraduate core courses.
- The KSU Postgraduate school disclosed that candidates who do not meet the criteria in (b) & (c) above can apply for M.Phil/Ph.D. in their respective Programmes where available.
KSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
HERE ARE THE KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR MASTER OF ARTS/MASTER OF SCIENCE (ACADEMIC).
For Masters Degree Programmes (M.A/M.Sc), the KSU postgraduate school requires the following:
- Applying candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree at Kogi State University or any other recognized and accredited University in the relevant programme.
- Applying candidates is required to possess a CGPA of not less than 3.00 for programmes in the Faculties of Natural Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Candidates must possess HND and PGD at credit level in relevant fields.
QUALIFICATION FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD)
Interested candidates are required to do the following before they are qualified for admission into Postgraduate Diploma Programmes.
- Must hold a minimum of Third Class degree of Kogi State University or any other recognized University.
- Must have a Higher National Diploma (HND) at credit level in related fields you’re applying for admission.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION/ REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
The KSU postgraduate school management has disclosed that all applicants for Postgraduate admission must satisfy the ‘O’ Level first degree requirement of Kogi State University, Anyigba. These requirements are as follows below;
- Applying candidates for admission into the KSU PS are required to possess five ‘O’ Level credit passes at not more than two sittings in the relevant subjects, including English Language for ALL disciplines and Mathematics for ALL Science-based disciplines, including Economics, Geography and Management Sciences.
How to Apply for KSU Postgraduate Admission
Applicants should note that all payments are to be made through Remita.
The application form can be downloaded through the following website: www.spgs.ksu.edu.ng
Applicants must submit the following items to the School of Postgraduate Studies to commence their registration:
- Completed application form
- Relevant credentials
- Photocopy of e-payment receipt
- Referee forms (3)
Once you have successfully submit these documents, you will be given an acknowledgment slip. Keep the Kogi state university Postgraduate school acknowledgement slip safe.
The Postgraduate school management has made it mandatory that candidates are required to request their former institutions to forward their transcripts of academic records to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Kogi State University, Anyigba before the closing date (23rd November 2019).
KSU POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL SCREENING REGISTRATION PROCEDURE.
- Applicants are required to visit the Kogi State University’s School of Postgraduate Studies Portal, http://www.kogistateuniversity.edu.ng/postgraduate then click on the “admission list”.
- Find your name on the list and copy your application number, this is very important.
- Proceed and click on the “PG Student Portal” link and login with your application number which you should fill in the user ID box and use password as your default password. We recommend you change the password at first login.
- After you have successfully login, click on “Admission Letter” to commence the process of payment and printing of the KSU Postgraduate school Admission letter(s).
- Carefully complete the Bio-Data form with correct information and other details as required on the form and upload a scanned copy of your most recent passport photograph (file size: not more than 200KB) which you must have taken with a white background.
- After completing the screening application form, you are required to proceed to Online Payment by Clicking on the “Pay Now” link to make payment of N5,000 (Five thousand naira only) directly on the portal using your bank debit/credit card.
- When you have successfully made the payment, kindly print out your admission letter.
- You are required to proceed to PG School in person for screening.
- Once done with the KSU internal screening, the PG school requires all admitted candidates to pay their tuition fees via the portal http://portal.kogistateuniversity.edu.ng. To do this, simply click on “my payments”. We recommend that you follow the payment instruction displayed to complete your payment.
- Finally, Print out your course Registration Form, fill it with the correct details and submit to the PG School.
Candidates/students who need further information which is regrettably not answered here, have complaints and other enquires, we’ll advise you to kindly contact the Secretary of Post Graduate School Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State via email at email@example.com.