Latest educational news reaching the Dailyschoolnews Nigeria news desk today, is that the Executive board of the University of Port Harcourt has officially released the registration procedure for the 2015/2016 newly admitted students.
This is the registration Procedure on which all newly admitted students of the University of Port can commence their Registration, to become a full registered student of the tertiary institution:
Guidelines and Procedures
1) All admitted students should endeavor to note, that they MUST have confirm their name on the Admission List on the eCampus Portal www.ecampus.uniport.edu.ng
2) Please, also proceed and pay your Acceptance Fee of Thirty Thousand Naira ONLY (N30,000.00) in any of the University’s designated Banks, which are listed below:
3) First Bank of Nigeria Plc – (SCIENCE, (COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES AND SCHOOL OF SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY)
4) EcoBank Plc – (AGRICULTURE AND SOCIAL SCIENCES)
5) U & C Microfinance Bank (Uniport) – (EDUCATION AND POST-NCE)
6)Fidelity Bank – (ACIB; HUMANITIES AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES AND
7) SCHOOL OF SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY)
8).First City Monument Bank Plc – (PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES, DENTISTRY, ENGINEERING AND PHND)
9) Sign up and Sign in (Log in) on the eCampus Portal, so as to be a member.
10) The next step to take, is to to pay your Hostel Accommodation Fee at the designated assigned to your Faculty, as stated above.
11) Sign up and Sign in (Log in) on the eCampus Portal to complete the Clearance Eligibility and Qualification Form.
12) However, this rarely happens, but if by chance you were not cleared, then proceed and fill the Rejection Form online.
13) And filling the rejection form, you can then proceed to the Admissions Office with the Form you have completed online for advice from the Desk Officer in charge of Rejection in the Admissions Office.
14) The Uniport Admissions Officer, after confirming that your Clearance Qualification form was rejected, will direct you to pay for the Rejection Form.
15) After that, you may then proceed and to the Admissions Office to obtain your Rejection Form.
16) Based on the advice of the Desk/Rejection Officer, the candidate should proceed to the recommended Department for further guidelines.
17) All candidates should please, note that the Faculty Officer and the Head of Department of the recommended Department of their chosen or assigned course/programme respectively, will endorse the appropriate section (rejection/acceptance) on the Rejection Form, duly completed by the candidate (if the candidate is still rejected by the Department in question, the Officers (i.e. Head of Department and Faculty Officer) will make their remarks, giving out the full reasons for the rejection and taking clue from the reason why the form was rejected, each candidates is expected to go back to the Desk/Rejection Officer in the Admissions Office, for advice).
18) However, if the candidate is accepted by the Department, he/she should return to the Admissions Office for further endorsement of the Form.
19) The Department of the candidate will then be changed online to reflect the new Department.
This therefore, creates room for the candidate to go back online to complete the Clearance Eligibility Form online based on the Department which accepted the candidate.
2) If a candidate is cleared online, he/she should do the following as stated below:
21) Please proceed to pay your School Charges in any of the designated Banks.
22) Thereafter, Sign in (Log in) on the eCampus Portal and print all online Fee Receipts.
23) Also endeavour to complete the Personal Data Form which is a must filled for all new Students of the institution.
24) Importantly, all newly admitted students should complete all other Registration Forms online and Print it out.
25) Please note that you must carry out the Medical Examination and Registration at the Uniport Medical Centre.
26) It is very important for all newly admitted students to take all their completed and printed documents, which must include the following listed below:
Online Fee Receipts,
Provisional Admission Slip,
And proceed for physical verification at the Admissions Office with the originals of your O’level Results/Certificates and UTME Result Slip (for sighting).
27) All candidates should take note, that if they have been cleared by the Admissions Office, they should proceed with their documents for clearance to the Faculty Officer of your Faculty.
In addition to the documents indicated above, other documents which is also required from newly admitted students include the following:
Local Government Identification,
Eight (8) Passport Photographs,
Matriculation Register Form,
Student Undertaking Form,
Uniport Health Centre Card and Two (2) Referee Letters.
28) All newly admitted students, who have been cleared by their Faculty Officer, must have to wait for approval of the Academic Officer online, before they can proceed with the other registration activities (such as course registration).
29) All newly admitted students should take note that the school management is expecting every single one of them to complete all registration activities on or before the stated dates in the University Calendar.
Any student who failed to do so, will stand the risk of forfeiting the offer of admission made to you.
Best wishes and please, share this article with your friends on Google+, Twitter and Facebook.
Thank You and a big congratulation for getting admitted into the University of Port Harcourt, It’s not easy.